Chowking-Style Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken breast cubed
- 1 raw egg beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch diluted in 2 tbsp water
- Cooking oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp. orange juice
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- In a container, put-in the flour, salt and ground black pepper then mix well.
- Dip the chicken on the beaten egg and place inside the container with the flour mixture.
- Close the container and shake until the chicken is evenly coated with the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken until the color turns golden brown then set aside.
- In a pan/pot, put-in the water, soy sauce, vinegar and orange juice then bring to a boil.
- Add the garlic and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Put-in the diluted cornstarch and green onions then mix well.
- Add the deep-fried chicken and cook until sauce nearly evaporates.
- Serve hot and enjoy your orange chicken!