How to Cook Adobong Baboy na Tuyo
- 500 g pork liempo cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 pcs laurel leaves
- 3-4 pcs siling labuyo chopped (optional)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan.
- Add the garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the onion and bay leaves. Sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the pork. Cook until it turns brown.
- Add water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cover the pan and simmer for 40 to 60 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Remove cover then add the optional siling labuyo if you want to make it spicy.
- Stir and continue to cook until it dries completely and oil gets extracted from the pork.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with steamed rice or serve as pulutan.
- Enjoy your adobong baboy na tuyo!