How to Cook Ginataang Langka with Alimasag
Serves: 10 persons
- 1 kg unripe jackfruit (
- ), chopped
- 3 pcs crab (
- ), cleaned and cut into halves
- 1½ cups coconut milk (
- ikalawang piga
- 2 cups coconut cream (
- kakang gata
- 1 pc medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups water
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Magic Sarap seasoning granules, to taste (optional)
- 2 pcs red chili, chopped (optional)
- In a deep pan or vat, put the crabs. Add the jackfruit, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, water, and coconut milk.
- Turn on heat, cover, then bring to a boil. (
- Important: do not mix until the coconut milk is cooked
- Open the cover. Give it a toss, cover, then simmer until the jackfruit is tender.
- Open the cover. Add some Magic Sarap seasoning granules then give it a mix.
- Add the coconut cream. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. (
- Again, do not mix until the coconut cream is cooked
- Give it a final mix.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with chopped chili if you want to add a spicy kick. Enjoy your ginataang langka with alimasag!