How to Cook HOMEMADE Puto Bao | No. 1 Kakanin sa Quezon Province | Quezon Delicacy | SOBRANG SARAP!
Serves: 6 to 8 persons
- 2 cups of Glutinous Rice Flour
- 1 cup of Rice Flour
- 2 Dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp of Food color (violet)
- 1 cups of Brown Sugar
- ½ cup of Water -
- Bukayo Filling
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1cup coconut milk
- For Bukayo Filling
- In a preheated pan pour the coconut milk and boil.
- While boiling add brown sugar stir well
- Add grated coconut, continue stirring until sugar dissolved
- Cook until the bukayo turns into a thick mixture.
- Let it cool and set aside.
- Puto Mixture
- In a mixing bowl pour the glutinous flour, rice flour, and desiccated coconut. Mix well
- Add the brown sugar, add the 1 tbsp. food coloring and water gradually then mix well until become dough.
- Grate the puto mixture for good result of mixture
- in a molder pour the ¼ of puto mixture.
- Add bukayo filling in the middle.
- Then pour additional puto mixture
- Cover with banana leaves
- Flip the molder into steamer
- Steam for 30-45mins medium -heat.
- Serve and Enjoy the Quezon Delicacy Kakanin