How to Cook Jollibee-Style Burger Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- For the patties:
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 pc egg
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- For the mushroom gravy:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 cup button mushrooms sliced
- 2 1/2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 beef cube dissolved in 1 1/2 cups water
- For making the patties:
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Get at least 1/4 cup of the mixture. Roll into a ball then flatten using your clean hands.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the patties until brown on both sides.
- Remove from the pan then drain excess oil. Set aside.
- For making the mushroom gravy:
- Melt butter in a pan (set in medium heat).
- Add the garlic. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the button mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the all-purpose flour. Mix until dissolved.
- Add the water with beef cube. Stir well.
- Adjust to low heat. Simmer until the sauce thickens. (Tip: if you notice that the gravy is too thick, add some water)
- Pour the mushroom gravy over the fried patties.
- Serve with steamed rice. Enjoy your Jollibee-style burger steak with mushroom gravy!