How to Cook Lumpiang Togue
- ½ lb ground pork
- ¼ lb shrimps peeled, deveined, and chopped
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 large carrot julienned
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Spring roll lumpia wrappers
- Heat about 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add garlic, onion and pork. Cook until meat turns light brown.
- Add shrimps. Cook until it changes color.
- Add salt, pepper, fish sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add carrot and bean sprouts. Cook while stirring regularly for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- On a flat surface, lay the wrapper. Get about 2 tbsp of the vegetable mixture and place it on the edge of the wrapper. Roll tightly into a log. Wet the edge of the wrapper with a dab of water to completely seal. Repeat with the remaining vegetable mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep-fry the lumpia until golden brown. Remove from heat then drain excess oil.
- Serve while hot with vinegar dip (see recipe link below).