How to Cook Pineapple Fried Rice
- 4 cups of leftover rice
- pineapple chunks, from ½ pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc small onion, minced
- 1 pc small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pc small green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- First, we need to make a pineapple bowl- Cut 1 whole pineapple lengthwise not removing the crown. Remove the core of one-half pineapple by slicing crisscross to cut the flesh. Be careful not to cut the corners. Scoop out the flesh then set aside the pineapple bowl. Cut the flesh into small chunks.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Melt the butter in the hot oil.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add pineapple chunks, chili powder (optional), salt, and pepper. Sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the leftover rice. Stir occasionally and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat when done.
- Transfer the fried rice to the prepared pineapple bowl. Put chopped green onion on top if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your pineapple fried rice!