How to Cook Sizzling Tofu ala Max’s
- 100 g firm tofu drained
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp green bell pepper chopped
- 1 pc small onion chopped
- 1/4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp liquid seasoning Knorr
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp water
- cooking oil
- In a small mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, liquid seasoning, onion powder, and water. Mix well until smooth. Set aside this sauce.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan or pot. Add the tofu. Deep-fry until golden brown. Remove from heat. Use a strainer to drain oil. Set aside.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of cooking oil in a pan. Add the onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the green and red bell peppers, and the fried tofu. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add half amount of the prepared sauce. Stir and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Heat a sizzling plate on the stovetop. Melt butter onto it.
- Transfer the cooked tofu on the sizzling plate. Add the remaining sauce.
- Serve while hot and enjoy your sizzling tofu ala Max’s!