How to Make Banana Leche Flan
- 1 can 15 oz evaporated milk
- 1 can 14oz condensed milk
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 ripe banana mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon powder
- pinch of salt
- calamansi peels from 5 pcs calamansi
- 3 molds llanera with 2 tbsp brown sugar dissolved in 2 tbsp water each
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. Transfer egg yolks to a mixing bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks.
- Add the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract, salt, and calamansi peels. Mix well.
- (Calamansi peels were added to remove the stench from the egg yolks and to give the leche flan with a bit of citrusy flavor.)
- Before proceeding to the next step, filter out the calamansi peels using a strainer.
- Add the mashed banana. Mix well then set aside.
- In low fire, heat the mold (llanera) with sugar and water mixture until it boils and thickens.
- Gently pour the leche flan mixture on top of the caramelized sugar in each mold.
- Cover each mold with aluminum foil then arrange properly in the steamer.
- Steam for about 30 minutes. You can tell that it is cooked when you insert a toothpick then it comes out clean.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Enjoy your banana leche flan!