How to Make Biko (Sinukmani)
- 1 kg glutinous rice (malagkit)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups coconut cream (kakang gata)
- 3 cups coconut milk (ikalawang piga)
- Wash the glutinous rice with water and drain well.
- Put the rice in a pot then add the coconut milk.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. When it boils, adjust to low heat and continue to cook the rice. (Remember not to overcook the rice).
- To make the latik: In a skillet over medium heat, add the coconut cream. Lighty stir occasionally until it thickens. When the oil starts to separate, stir continuously and cook until golden brown. Remove the latik from the oil and set aside.
- Add the brown sugar to the coconut oil in the same skillet. Stir until the sugar absorbs the oil.
- Add the cooked glutinous rice. Stir until well-blended. When the mixture became thick and sticky, remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a baking dish with banana leaves if desired.
- Flatten the mixture then sprinkle the prepared latik on top.
- Slice into small squares. Serve and enjoy your biko (sinukmani)!