How to Make Cassava Flan
- 2 kilos of Cassava Root (kamoteng kahoy)
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 small can evaporated milk
- 3 pcs. Eggs
- ¼ cup of Melted Butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup Sugar
- Cheese for toppings
- Grate and squeeze tightly the grated cassava to remove the cassava juice.
- Mix the grated cassava with ½ cup sugar, condensed milk, evaporated milk, egg, butter, vanilla and salt. Mix well
- Heat 1 tbsp sugar until it caramelizes and turns into golden brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Pour the cassava mixture into the prepared llanera mold.
- Arrange into steamer and steam for 40-50 minutes or until almost firm.
- Serve with grated cheese on top.