How to Make Cheesy Eggplant Meatballs
- 2 pcs eggplant (medium-sized), cut into small pieces
- 150g chicken meat, minced
- 8-10 pcs cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 pc onion (small-sized), chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs, Japanese-style
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking oil, for frying
- Peel the eggplant then cut into small pieces. Soak in water with salt for about 30 minutes to lessen the bitterness.
- Put the eggplant in boiling water. Cook until its texture is soft. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the minced chicken meat. Cook until light brown.
- In a bowl, combine the cooked meat, garlic, onion, and the boiled eggplant. Add flour then mix. Mash the eggplant as you mix. Set aside.
- Put about 1 tbsp of eggplant mixture on your clean palm. Put 1 piece of cheese cube at the center of the mixture. Cover the cheese all over with the mixture. Dip it to the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Roll into a ball using your clean hands. Repeat until all the mixture and cheese are consumed.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Deep-fry the eggplant meatballs until golden brown. Remove from the pan then drain the oil using tissue paper or strainer.
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy your cheesy eggplant meatballs!