How to Make Creamy Leche Flan
- 12 egg yolks
- 1 can condensed milk 380g
- 1 can evaporated milk 365ml
- 9 tbsp sugar
- calamansi peels
- water for steaming
- 3 llanera molds medium size
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. (If you need help with this step, check this tutorial:
- How to Separate Egg Yolks from Egg Whites
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks. Mix some calamansi peels to remove the stench from the yolks.
- Add the condensed milk and evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Remove the calamansi peels using a strainer. Set aside the leche flan mixture.
- Put 3 tbsp sugar in each llanera mold.
- Set the stove on low heat. Move the llanera mold repeatedly over the flame. When the sugar caramelized, remove from heat. Repeat this step for the remaining llanera molds.
- Put leche flan mixture in each llanera mold with caramelized sugar.
- Cover each with aluminum foil then arrange properly in the steamer.
- Steam for about 20-30 minutes in medium heat.
- After steaming, let them cool down.
- Refrigerate before serving. Enjoy your
- leche flan