How to Make Homemade Bibingkang Malagkit
- ½ kilo Malagkit rice (glutinous rice or sticky rice)
- 2 cups pure coconut milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp. Salt
- water (for cooking the sticky rice)
- 2 cups pure coconut milk (For latik topping)
- 1½ cup dark brown sugar (adjust as needed) the darker the color, the better (For latik topping)
- ½ tsp. salt to balance sweetness (For latik topping)
- Wash and cook the glutinous rice. Set aside
- In a cooking pan put the 2 cups coconut milk and stir until it boils. When it is boiling add the white sugar, salt and cook glutinous rice then stir until combined and dry. Set aside.
- Place in the bowl with banana leaves and shape it.
- In another cooking pan add the 2 cups coconut milk and stir until boil then add the brown sugar.
- Add salt to balance the sweetness of sauce.
- Stir until dissolved sugar and caramelize the sauce.
- Pour the caramelized sauce on top of the bibingka.
- Serve and enjoy!