Serves: 6 to 8 persons
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 liter fresh milk
- 1 cup rice flour
- ¼ cup glutinous flour
- 1 cup sugar
- In a pan over medium heat, add coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid starts to thicken.
- Lower heat and simmer.
- Continue to cook and stir until curds turn golden brown.
- Using a fine-mesh sieve or colander, drain latik. Reserved oil.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, combine milk, sugar, rice flour and glutinous flour.
- Whisk together until smooth and well-blended.
- Over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer, whisking regularly.
- Continue to cook, whisking regularly, for about 10 to 15 minutes or until mixture thickens to a smooth thick paste.
- Gently transfer milk mixture to the prepared pan.
- Smooth and evenly distribute using a spatula.
- Garnish with more latik on top.
- Cut into serving slices.