How to Make Kwek Kwek
- 12-18 pcs. quail eggs boiled
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 to 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp annatto powder pinulbos na atsuete
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups cooking oil for frying
- In a bowl, put all the ingredients except for the quail eggs and cooking oil (
- *just add 3/4 cup of water then adjust if needed
- Mix well until all ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Coat the quail eggs with the prepared batter.
- In a heated pan, pour the cooking oil.
- When the oil is hot enough, deep-fry the coated quail eggs (
- *use a scoop in putting the quail eggs with batter into the pan
- After few minutes of frying, remove the coated eggs from the pan.
- Serve while hot with a vinegar dip. Enjoy!