How to Make Puto Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 pcs eggs
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsps butter melted
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- dash of food color optional
- pinch of salt
- small slices of cheese for topping
- In a mixing bowl, put the flour, sugar and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, milk, and water. Mix well.
- Add the food color, salt, melted butter and shredded cheese. Stir until well-blended then set aside.
- Brush some melted butter in each of the puto molder cups.
- Fill each molder cup with the prepared puto mixture.
- Place them in the steamer properly.
- Steam for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove cover then put small slices of cheese on top of each puto. Put cover again then steam for another 2 minutes.
- Let them cool down then remove the cooked puto from the molder cups.
- Serve and enjoy your puto cheese!