Pininyahang Manok Recipe
- 2 lbs. chicken cut into serving portions
- 12 ounces pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 medium sized onion sliced
- 2 medium sized tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper cut into thick strips
- 1 medium sized carrot wedged
- 21/2 tbsp. fish sauce patis
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- Marinate the chicken in pineapple juice for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil in a cooking pot then apply heat.
- Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomatoes.
- Put in the chicken and cook until it become light brown.
- Add the pineapple juice marinade and fresh milk then bring to a boil.
- Add the pineapple chunks and simmer for about 20 to 30 mins. until the chicken is tender.
- Put in the carrots and bell pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce (patis) then simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the cooking pot and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot and enjoy!