Pork Afritada Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. pork chopped
- 1 big carrot cut into wedges
- 1 big potato cut into wedges
- 1 small red bell pepper sliced
- 1 small green bell pepper sliced
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 pieces dried bay leaves laurel
- 1 cup beef or pork broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add the pork and sauté until the outer parts are cooked. (Approximately 5 minutes)
- Add the water, tomato sauce, beef broth & bay leaves. Stir and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until the pork is tender. Add more water if needed.
- Add the carrots and potatoes. Stir and simmer for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Pork Afritada!