Pork Menudo Recipe
- 2 lbs. pork
- 1/4 lb. pig liver optional
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 1 cup potatoes sliced
- lemon juice from 1/2 piece lemon
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 pieces hotdogs sliced diagonally
- 2 to 3 pieces dried bay leaves
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a pot or bowl, combine pork, soy sauce and lemon juice. Marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan then sauté garlic and onion.
- Add the marinated pork then cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour-in tomato sauce and water then add bay leaves. Let boil & simmer until the pork is tender. Add water as needed.
- Add-in the hotdogs and liver then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add-in the potatoes, carrots, sugar salt and pepper. Stir and cook for another 8 to 12 minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy your Pork Menudo!