6 egg yolks
1/2 kilo white sugar
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. In a frying pan, combine sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks and vanilla essence. Mix well and bring to a boil in low heat.
2. Stir constantly as if you are scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent mixture from burning.
3. The mixture is ready when its texture is not too soft nor too hard.
4. Refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes to cool it down and so that it will be easier for you to form balls from it.
5. When the mixture cooled down, form balls from it using your palms.
6. Roll the balls on wide a plate with white sugar for coating.
7. Optional: Wrap the balls in cellophane before serving.
8. Enjoy your yema balls!